Friday, July 12, 2013

Austin Museum

Felt impulsive today and packed bubba up this morning to go to the Children's Museum. So glad I did! Such a fun place for children of all ages. The babies can play, the toddlers can explore and the older children can learn so much. Not a bad price either for some inside cool air fun.

There's nothing more fun to me than seeing the wheels turn in Hudson's head. You can see it in his eyes when he's thinking really hard about something. This place gave me lots of opportunities for that.

Hudson's favorite part? Once again, flirting with the girls. Man he's a ladies man. He was reaching out to hold hands to have this little cute girl go down the slide with him. Smiling and being charming. He loved this thing they had with golf balls that I'm definitely going to recreate. I made one in high school for a science project. It has ramps and you watch the ball go down from each ramp to the next.

My favorite part? I've been thinking about finding Hudson some big blocks to play with but then I remember he likes to throw things (and I can't find the ones I'm looking for - need to go to Toys R Us). There was this little girl building stuff and he walked up to her. I took a deep breath because I thought for sure someone was going to get a block to the head. Nope, he picked up the blocks and started handing them to her. Teamwork skills at almost 18 months WHAT!?! Awesome!! My bubba is going to be an awesome big brother some day! I can't wait for Aunt Shelly to have Peanut. Hudson is going to love playing with his baby cousin. He's going to be a sweet big cousin. Sharing. Proud momma moment.

I definitely recommend the Austin's Children Museum. The only thing I will warn you about is the parking is hard to find. You have to park in a garage and walk. If you are lucky enough to find a meter to pay close by grab it. Otherwise take a stroller for a walk to the museum.


No comments:

Post a Comment