Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Great Escape

Yesterday morning mommy worked a little and after I felt like I was going nuts I decided we seriously needed to get out of the house. And boy I'm sure glad we did.

First before bubba took his morning nap he sat on my lap and we cuddled. Then momma worked and waited for him to wake up.

I was sitting here thinking I was going to go crazy and said...you know what? Let's go for a run and we'll see what happens after that. On our run around town lake I saw the Zilker train. I thought..why should I only do something that's "good" for me and my brain? So I came up with a plan. After the run we went and surprised dada at work for lunch. Poor dada is working so much. We miss him like crazy. Then, I called up Nanny and asked them to join me at the train.

When we first got to the park, Wendy, James & Noah met us and fed the birds. It was amazing! Hudson & Noah were skittish at first but then quickly became fearless as they got closer and closer to the birds. Probably my favorite part :). We had to wait an hour for the next scheduled train so we ate ice cream, snow cones, cotton candy (sugar fest haha) and played around the birds. Then off on the train. Bubba was very observant. Noah wanted to jump out of the train a few times (daredevil).


After the train we played at the park. We were gone from the house for 5 or so hours and that is exactly what we needed. I couldn't have pictured a more perfect way to spend a Friday. The only thing that would have made it even better would have been to steal dada from work and take him with us.




Loved being away from the house and with my bubba doing something fun! Need to do that more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment