Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Beautiful Husband's 30th Birthday Weekend

My beautiful husband's 30th birthday was last Friday (4/5). Just like any man (I'm assuming) he said he didn't want to have a birthday party. I'm sorry...I don't care who you are a 30th birthday is definitely something to celebrate. Well...any birthday is but at least your 30th!

(<< Old pictures...the bottom left is his 21st bday! Bottom right is still one of my all time favorites..my senior prom)

So, I planned a surprise poker night for the guys with blackjack dealers and even though I'm sure Karl would have wanted to see me and Hudson (due to the stinky busy tax season - glad he has a job but we miss dada immensely) I planned it before I knew he'd be working this much. Luckily I was able to reserve my husband from work for the surprise and I think he was surprised to see the blackjack dealers (or at least was really good at faking it haha).



Due to staying up until 3:00 AM and based on what the guys said I think everyone had a really fun time. Who was there? Why the good ol poker buddies of all time:  Wes, Luke, Adam, and a few new to the group Patrick and Pops :). So glad they could make it and make it a special 30th.

I'm not really sure what 30 feels like but I'm pretty sure it feels like 18, 21, 25, etc...maybe with a few more aches and pains (haha sorry babe). I'm right around the corner from 30 myself....and I still feel 18. My great great grandma says the same :). Life is what you make it.


The next day Hudson and I went down to nana and pops for a 2nd Easter Hunt due to nana being sick the actual Easter weekend. It was a beautiful day for egg hunting and dada got to at least make it down that night to have some confetti fun.



I know you don't read this much babe (or have the time) but bubba and I miss you more than you know. You are a wonderful daddy!




No comments:

Post a Comment