Monday, January 28, 2013

Our Baby...Toddler is 1

Our baby is a full blown toddler. While I know this is a very exciting stage and there's so many exciting things to come....this has made me cry several times. Surprise surprise huh? We changed a lot after his first birthday. We are now 7 days into no more bottle and whole milk and while it was an easy transition for bubba I think that's why I'm even more sad about my baby becoming a toddler. No more sitting in the rocking chair with a bottle...ok...I'm going to stop there because I will just start crying again. Our baby is so big!
What an amazing year we just had. I can't imagine what the rest of my life is going to be like. I'm just so lucky to be a part of this wonderful little love's life. Who knew any one's heart could feel this huge? My sweet baby boy is 1 and what a blast he had on his birthday.

We split the birthday parties up for baby buddies in the morning and family in the evening. Bubba played with the ever so sweet baby Noah Clem, James, Jack, Bowen, and Holt. Bubba had a blast with his buddies. He even pushed Noah around on his chuggington train. They were so cute. Wish Natalie, Matt and Noah lived right next door :)

Bubba took his afternoon nap that was then followed by a wonderful (long...sorry family) birthday party with family :). His great grandma Shirley, great aunt Shirley and 2nd cousins Kirstie and Lindsay drove all the way down from Oklahoma to be with him on this special day. Also, family from San Antonio came to see our sweet boy:  2nd cousin Cyndi, great aunt Betty, great uncle Jerry and great aunt Carol. Mommy (that's me :) ) made what was supposed to be sea turtle cupcakes and dada cooked Mickey Mouse shaped chicken nuggets and waffle fries which is one of bubba's favorite.

What's this boy up to these days? Oh man..so much. Let's see...he now says pawpaw. It's one of those things you have to have ears for and know that he's changed his tone from his usual babapapbaba noises. But he looks right at my dad and says it. So sweet. He also almost said nana for Karl's mommy! Still running like a mad man and never sitting still. We've tried a lot of new foods and he eats them all. :) Right now he's really loving string cheese, PB&J sandwiches and of course any fruit you put into his mouth. Bubba received a lot of books for his birthday. He is most definitely a reader. You can just see him soaking it all in. He's such a sponge! He loves to be read to of which we love. It's a very special time we share. We bought bubba a tunnel ball pit for his birthday and he climbs into the little house and (TMI sorry) goes #2. Thinking about sticking a baby potty in there to get the wheels turning. We'll see. :)

Bubba's 2 favorite songs right now are Some Nights and Pontoon. As soon as we turn it on he starts swinging those arms like he's playing an air guitar....or holding a lighter at a concert. He's ready to party. He is such a dancer. It's absolutely adorable. We took his 1 year old birthday photos yesterday. I can't wait to see how they turn out. The photographer was great. Chasing him around because of course he wouldn't sit still for any amount of time. She worked her magic though. I'm so excited. :)

I'm going to write another blog about this but just wanted to say...this has been the most amazing year of my life. I had an idea on how it would be to have a little one but can honestly say that I had no clue on how large my heart would feel and how I would do anything for this little love of my life. He has my whole heart and soul. I'm so thankful and still stunned to this day that me and his dada made him. What precious gift anyone could ever receive. What an amazing day, year, life....eternity. Our love is forever his. We love you sweet boy. You mean the world to us. Happy 1st Amazing Year!






6 comments:

  1. He's such a cutie! I wish we could have made it, I would really love to meet him. :) I hope y'all are doing well. It's hard to watch them grow, but the toddler years are so much fun! My little tornado is only a few days from being two and this year has been just as special and even more fun than last year.

    The Hood's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittoni. After watching Alex grow too I have no doubt our boys are similar. Must be a Wilson gene :). I love watching Alex and your sweet baby girl Helaina. I can't believe he's about to be 2. I hope y'all have a great day!!

      Love and miss you,
      Amber

      Delete
  2. You are too sweet! Hudson is such a lucky little boy to have such great parents and loving family. Happy 1st Birthday Hudson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christi!! We love you so much!! Miss you!! :)

      Delete
  3. Love love love!!!!!!! Hudson is precious. It's amazing what all happens in one year. He is doing awesome- for sure reflective of the great parenting skills y'all have. :) I'm still just amazed that we have TODDLERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Natalie! Noah is and always has been sooooooo much fun to see. Y'all are wonderful parents and friends! We are two lucky mommas for sure!

      Delete