Thursday, January 17, 2013

First Birthday Date with Mommy

Today! A whole year later and I present to you my beautiful 1 year old baby boy! WOWSERS what an amazing year. Bubba's birthday party is on Saturday but today we had a great day together. Mommy took the day off from work and we had a special day!

First we woke up at 7:30 (not for the first time haha...that was 3:30) and we played upstairs. I chased my bubba around...taking as many photos as he would let me. Very special day you know! :)

Then at 9:30 aunt Ashley showed up with a cherry pie for bubba's first sweet of the day :). She even put a candle in it for him. Sweet sissy poo. We all played upstairs and had a face time conversation with nanny and Noah then my college student of a sissy went off to school.

After bubba's nap and a quick talk with nana over the phone we met Pops at Chick Fil A to get bubba some chicken nuggets and apple sauce. That boy loves ranch dressing. We get him the grilled nuggets to be healthy and of course we dip it in ranch. Why not? :)

Then it was off to shop for birthday party stuff. Sounds kind of funny but getting out of the house and away from my work computer is the best way to spend any day haha. Especially because it's all about me and my beautiful boy.

Tonight we made waffles for bubba and pawpaw was with us. He started off liking them and then wanted to eat them off of pawpaw's plate. He actually ate a lot. Then, as weird as it sounds, bubba was sleepy! We've never seen him like this. I don't normally give him a lot of carbs like this and so it was funny to see him a little relaxed. It was a delicious dinner. Can't go wrong with waffles, syrup and butter. Mawmaw stopped by for a birthday kiss.

All in all, it was an amazing day because it was all about my bubba. My life is about this boy and it always will be. I can't believe we are blessed with such a beautiful boy. He is the light of my life. Every day is the best day. I LOVE my bubba!!! Happy 1st Birthday my sweet beautiful angel. Can't wait to have your birthday party on Saturday!!





No comments:

Post a Comment