Wednesday, January 16, 2013

If Love Were A Song

We have always been a family of music. Always having a radio on. Especially since Hudson was born. Our little dancer knows just what to do as soon as the tunes come on.

Karl and I have always called each other when we are apart to say, "Put it on XYZ channel" and then hang up to then be surprised with a sweet love song or a favorite song. Our "romantic" nights consisted of stealing the laptop from each other to find songs on YouTube that make us think of each other. As silly as it sounds its pretty darn sweet :).

There are some songs that made me think of my future babies and now that Hudson is here there's even more. Just wanted to share these in case you are ever in need of a sweet tune for your loved ones.

Songs that made me dream of my future babies:

1. I Wish You'd Stay by Brad Paisley .... grab a box of tissues! Yes, I'm going to be that kind of mom haha. Love this song!

2. Little Dreamer by Christina Aguilera

3. All I need by Christina Aguilera

4. She is Love by Parachute - I love this song for a boy or girl. Not really for a baby but the chorus is the best :)

5. You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins

Here are songs I sing to bubba all the time now that will rip your heart out (or at least they do mine ... haha):

1. First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Leona Lewis - bubba knew it was bedtime early on as soon as I started singing this song to him. Oh my goodness! Makes me want to cry now haha.

2. Anything Like Me by Brad Paisley - speaking of loving music. We had Pandora radio on during labor. This song came on right when Hudson was being born. Seriously! Talk about amazing! So far...he is beautiful and amazing just like his daddy :)

3. Before These Walls Were Blue by Wade Bowen - saw this guy in concert in December before bubba was born. Didn't know we were having a boy but this song was really sweet.

4. A Thousand Years by Christina Perry - LOVE this song

5. I See The Light in Tangled - sweet song for my bubba :)

6. Godspeed (Sweet Dreams) by Dixie Chicks 

Ok, I could go on and on with love songs for our bubba.

Cheesy alert! I warned you :) (as if this wasn't cheesy enough haha).

If Hudson could hear our hearts they would sound like love. So, Hudson tune into mommy and daddy's heart because you will hear the best love song yet! You make our hearts crazy! Can't believe you are 1 tomorrow! What a lovely year it has been!





No comments:

Post a Comment