Saturday, May 17, 2014

Louisiana and the Houston Zoo

I'm so behind as always. Playing catch up :)

We took Hudson to Louisiana at the end of April to see maw maw Leatha & Sonny, Uncle Bubba & Aunt Peewee, Cousin Michelle, Bella, Brody & Orin, and Cousin Chris, Nikki, Kendall and Tyler.

Drove over Thursday night and got there about 12:30 AM and went straight to sleep. Got up the next morning to be greater by my ever so sweet aunt peewee and uncle bubba. They are so wonderful! We always love getting to stay with them. After a huge breakfast we went to maw maw's for a big lunch. There's nothing better than the food my maw maw cooks. We all try our best to recreate it but we try. My mommy learned how to make gumbo from her and her mommy and I learned how to make it from my mommy. Passing that recipe on down the family line as long as we can. Need to write that down for Hudson. Yummy!

We got to hang out at cousin Michelle's house and swim with Bella and her friend. Hudson is in love with Bella. He was at 3 months old and still at 28 months old. She's so sweet to him and he LOVES her. He even laid on the floor next to her during Indiana Jones and stole kisses periodically. He's a charmer!

Next day we got to hang out at cousin Chris' house and watch the kids swim in the pool. Kendall is on the swim team! Tyler is awesome at Soccer and even though we didn't get to see her Peyton is SO TALL and BEAUTIFUL! They all are.

Saturday night we drove and met maw maw in Houston to go to the zoo the next day. Our hotel was awesome! Karl and I always use our Hilton Honors points to stay places and we never know what we are going to get but this time we got a room with a living room. It was so cool. Yes, we were excited about that LOL. Hudson and I could go to sleep while whoever wanted to stay up could watch tv. The little things….or the big things..however you want to look at it.

Got up the next morning to go to the zoo. I was so excited because this time Hudson would see an Elephant. The Austin Zoo is great but I remember going to the Houston Zoo when I was a kid. So many good memories. Can't wait to take Hudson there more. It's so lush with all the beautiful plants. So many animals. It's really a 2 day kind of trip. We didn't see everything but we most definitely saw the elephant and Hudson wanted to go back and see them over and over. He kept asking to go see the Elephant. Mission accomplished.


We had such a wonderful long weekend. Visiting family and seeing the zoo was awesome. Can't wait to do it again :). Funniest thing to me was when we got back home Hudson laid on my bathroom floor with my phone and covered himself up with the floor mat. I asked him if he wanted to go in the kitchen with me and he said no. He laid on the bathroom floor for about 30 minutes. I think he was happy to be home :).

No comments:

Post a Comment