Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Hapa's 105 & Easter

Hapa turned 105 on Saturday 4/19. Can you believe that I can tell you that hapa is 105? Amazing. We took hapa to dinner to one of his favorites spots (Bill Millers) on his birthday eve. I think hapa had a good time. He couldn't believe that Hudson, Dad and I took him to dinner. He was cute.

We then celebrated his birthday on Saturday with all of our family. It was so nice. Hapa watched his children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren playing. We even hunted Easter eggs. I think Hapa thoroughly enjoyed our families getting together for such a special day. He is wonderful.

My favorite thing to hear Hapa say is how wonderful it is for Hudson to be the way he is. It's such a huge compliment to hear Hapa say that. I asked Hapa what he wanted to do for his birthday and he said, "I've done it." Praise from a man who has done it all is a huge compliment. I love how Hudson loves his Hapa too. He talks about Hapa. Loves to get Hapa's attention and tell him what he's doing. Can't wait to celebrate the big 106 next year :). 

For Easter we went to PawPaw and MawMaw's house. We had a great lunch and Easter egg hunt. Loved watching my baby find all the eggs. He would open each one and see what was inside. If it wasn't what he wanted he put it down and kept looking. He's onto that game haha. 

That evening Hudson kept wanting to dig with his bucket. So I took him to a nearby park that had sand volley ball and we dug in the sand. What joy it is to do things like a kid with your love of your life. There's never a dull moment with my little angel.


No comments:

Post a Comment