Thursday, April 10, 2014

Daddy's 31st Fishing Birthday

My son loves to fish. I'm on CLOUD NINE!

For daddy's birthday we took daddy on a secret trip. We load up in the car and as I plug the address into my new iPhone 5S Suri starts to tell us where we are going. Mommy (that's me) starts screaming so daddy can't hear and Hudson starts laughing at me. Daddy didn't hear but a third of the way into our trip daddy knew where we were going.

Pops, nana and pawpaw were waiting for us at the fishing house in Port O'Connor and surprised Karl when we got there. With 6 lbs of bacon we had awesome breakfast and dinner. My son probably ate a lb of bacon to himself.

We had a weekend of fishing planned for daddy's birthday. I can't speak for him…or maybe I can when I say this..it was the best birthday weekend ever. We got up Saturday and got ready to go out on the boat. Hudson played on the boat while the boat was loaded with drinks, poles, boots and more. He LOVED it. We got to the water to back the boat in and after I put on my life jacket my bubba didn't have a problem matching his mommy in his life jacket (whew). He was holding on tight to nana as we got closer to the boat to get in the water but got in with a little hesitation.

After loading up with live bait we took off to our first fishing spot. Hudson wanted pops and my sleepy bubba fell asleep as we pulled up to our first fishing spot! That was probably from getting up with mommy at 5 AM and then the boat rocking him to sleep. Bubba slept on pops for close to 2 hours. In the mean time, mommy, nana, pawpaw and daddy fished.

Once Hudson woke up he immediately grabbed a net and started scooping the water. His feet even got wet and he didn't even care. He just kept scooping that water. Then daddy hooked a perch (bait) on his pole and threw it out. Had Hudson reel it in and he was hooked..no pun intended. I'm so unbelievably proud of my amazing son. I chased him around the boat. He helped reel in everyone's line. Played with the perch. He tickled the perch and would pick up the fish. He totally amazed me. I can't believe my little spitfire who doesn't sit still for anything was totally enjoying staying in pawpaw's boat.

After we headed back to the dock we kept on fishing. It was so easy to catch little perch and he would scream "turn turn turn" as he reeled in his fish. He would then grab the fish and feed it to the huge pelicans after watching us do it a few times. He is fearless.

From day one I've said Hudson is my future fishing buddy. Little did I know he would totally be a natural. He will be all of our fishing buddies. Saturday night after BLTs and Zebra Cake birthday cake we fished at the dock with bubba and then again on Sunday morning. I didn't want to leave. I was having so much fun watching my bubba. This was the best trip I've ever been on. My son is so amazing.

We had so much fun with pawpaw, pops and nana. I think everyone left the weekend feeling wonderful :).


No comments:

Post a Comment