Friday, November 1, 2013

Boo at the Zoo Part II (and mommy's bday)

Last Friday (10/25) mommy had some work to do for her birthday party preparations. So, nana and pops took our angel baby to boo at the zoo again. I'm playing catch up big time.

Pops and Nana picked up Hudson and went to the zoo at 6:30. Nana told an ever so cute story about their adventure. Hudson didn't like the blow up spider or the Halloween arch to walk through until Nana made it fun. Unfortunately some of the animals were already in bed but they got to see the Monkeys and had a blast in the reptile house. The snakes and turtles were very active. Before the train ride they stopped by the primates area and watched a zoo keeper tell stories. Bubba was completely enthralled. Sitting on pops shoulders and watching with the so much concentration. He loved it. Bubba also learned to gobble gobble like a turkey. Someone ready for Thanksgiving? HEHE. When it came time to get on the train they loaded up and bubba had a blast. Being his cuddling observant self they enjoyed the ride and got more candy.

In the mean time mommy and daddy did more shopping and more work for the party.

I asked my dad and pops to dress up as Woody and Buzz and Nana ended up dressing like Jessie. There was a toy story theme. So very cute! When bubba first saw pawpaw he said "Woody." That right there made the whole night a success to me. When pops showed up as Buzz Hudson was a little confused as to who the actual person was. I know he knows it was Buzz but the head piece threw him off. Sure enough after we said go to Pops bubba jumped in his arms. What do I live for these days? Making my son happy.

I can honestly tell you that I wouldn't care if I had another birthday party. It's the dressing up for my child and surprising him that makes me the happiest person in the world. We dressed up as evil minions. Bubba wore his costume for all of 3 minutes then off it came. I adjusted it for Halloween (details to come). My aunt Brigette made an amazing cake (as always). My sister did all the decorating which always turns out awesome. I had a blast with everyone. It's so much fun to dress up for our little ones. Noah was Noah Knight and he wanted his mommy to be Princess Mommy, daddy to be King Daddy and Kissie to be Cinderella. Next year we're going to do things a little different. Stay tuned for a year to pass then I'll let you know haha. Until then, what a wonderful 29th birthday I had with my awesome sister and family. I've shared my whole life with my sister and I'm the luckiest person in the world because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment