Monday, October 14, 2013

Boo at the Zoo and a few (more things)

Last week on Monday was mine and Karl's 11 year dating anniversary. We've been together for a looooong time. Actually...doesn't feel that long. We're still having fun :). We went on a very quick date thanks to mawmaw and back home to put our honey to bed. Love this ray of sunshine more than anyone knows.

This past Friday bubba and I went on an excursion. We stopped by HEB to get pumpkins, Garden Ridge to get wreaths, ribbons, cute face jack-o-lanter garden sticks and more. Totally a boys dream lol. Actually they had a HUGE...I'm not kidding..probably 2 story tall Santa and Snowman display. Hudson was very intrigued. He almost turned it off (YIKES!). The Garden Ridge attendant gave me a look that told me he's never been around children. Side note: why do people look at you funny when your kid is throwing a fit or making any kind of ruckus in a store? Seriously...I'm going to wear a shirt that says "Toddlers...take a picture it lasts longer." I mean come on people. I'm sure there are some people who have really quiet children (good for you) but mine...he's loud. He likes to explore. He's about to make the next big discovery...or something and by all means he's not sitting still to do it. So before you start to send those judging looks my way..how about you be jealous of this awesome kid who has the heart of a great explorer? Ok...rant over. 

Anywho, I need to teach bubba who Santa is. He's going to be sooooooo excited this year. Last Christmas was  amazing. I just know that this year will be that much more awesome. Whoa..side tracked again. After Garden Ridge we went back home to make and hang our trash bag ghosts in the tree and put out our pumpkins. At first it looked weird as we added each item but when you pull up to our house it looks like 1. a child lives here and 2. fun. We're ready. Bring on the costumes and candy. 


Friday night we took bubba to Boo at the Zoo. I love the Austin Zoo. So cute! It was kid/baby friendly for sure if you are thinking about going. Nothing scary. They did have a haunted house for the kids to go through but once we heard that popular hammer banging noise that all haunted houses have we knew bubba wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. 


So we rode the train. They had cute little displays with aliens dancing, witches cackling, and they stopped the train to have pirates hand out candy to the kiddos. Bubba never got scared but he was very observant. Normally on the zoo train he's standing up, trying to climb over the seats, etc. This time he sat right in between mommy and daddy with hands on our laps just taking it all in. Sappy part...brace yourself. Before we took off the train whistle blew and bubba had this extremely serious look on his face like "hey...I know what that is" and it tugged at my heart. Seeing the face of familiarity or discovery on my child is one of the best and most rewarding things to see. He completely amazes me.

All in all I'm so glad we took bubba. It was a cute and fun family date for us all :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment