Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Things You Never Want to Forget

Being a mother is one of the best...wait...IS THE BEST feeling in the world. Ok I can't help it to be mushy but I've heard others say things like I wish I would have done this and I wish I could remember this so I'm writing this blog about things I hope I never forget.

2 inches....that's how long Hudson's palm is and it won't be this way forever but I can hold his entire sweet little hand in mine and it's the sweetest feeling. So warm so soft so wonderful. I can feel his fast little pulse and it reminds me of the first time I saw his little heart beat on June 1st 2011 (aka the day my life began).

Warning: this only gets sappier :). That's what I get to do as a mom :).

100+ equals the number of times if not more I steal a kiss from my bubba. I haven't actually counted but I'm sure it's up there. We take advantage of the fact our little man is teething so he wants to chew on our faces but those count as kisses to us. Bubba has 2 teeth!! His two front bottom teeth made their appearance on Sunday, August 5th.

6:00 AM (and sometimes earlier) is the time our booger wakes up. I feed him in our bed and cuddle with him afterwards.  If its too early I sometimes get lucky and he takes a morning nap with me. If its later he crawls all over us and DOES NOT want us to get out of bed. Also, every morning Hudson talks and sounds like the sweetest thing on earth. I have several recordings. I'm going to need more storage space than a major record label.

Kick kick kick is what I tell Hudson to do in his bath. Our sweet bub has been anything but chill. He could probably produce enough energy with those legs and feet to run an electric car. I can't fit his feet in my mouth anymore but that doesn't keep me from biting them. And yes...they taste and smell wonderful.





A little more on cuddling...Hudson sleeps well in his bed but sleeps like a rock next to me. Just to see his precious sleeping face is so amazing and watching him open his eyes from sleeping is even better. It takes him a minute to adjust but he immediately smiles at me. There's absolutely nothing as wonderful as Hudson. :) This sweet boy smiles every time he wakes up :).














My little nut. Doesn't want to lay down to eat or even recline. He has to sit up, lay flat, on his knees, draped over mom's legs...very unique this one.

Every morning Hudson helps me make my coffee. I put the water and coffee grounds in and he closes the coffee pot lid for me. I definitely think he knows what he's doing because he always closes the lid as soon as I'm done. Smart cookie :).

It's not hard to make this boy giggle but the way you do it changes every day. One day it's this silly noise, that goofy face, or a tickle right in this spot. He likes to keep things interesting.

Ok so this one is kind of funny because it kind of hurts but when my bubba is getting tired or drinking a bottle (and is temporarily chill) he reaches back and always pulls at my hair from the back of my head. Not sure if I'm his woobie but he has to be pulling mommy's hair or my ears as he winds down.

Ahhhh one of my all time favorite looks...I face Hudson outward to feed him and he occasionally looks back up
at me as to check and make sure I'm still there. And so I tell him I'm still here and he turns back around to go about his business. It's the sweetest look.


























And last but not least because I'm 100% sure that every day gets more and more awesome...mommy and daddy never get old. He loves to go to either one of us when he wants to be held and we have to be within view. This little love of my life makes me crazy!!! Hudson is the best time of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment