Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Few Of My Favorite Things


I've got 15 days until Hudson's birthday to tell you what he's doing as a 2 year old so I want to add in this little bit....these are just a few of my favorite things.

Hudson hums to himself. It's the cutest thing ever. He'll be "playing with his choochoo" from pawpaw and mawmaw (got that for Christmas and is in love with it. He plays with it every day for hours) and he'll just start humming away. Just love his little personality that isn't little at all. Actually it's full of excitement. :)

When we took Hudson on a car ride to look at Christmas lights or on our many walks around the neighborhood to look at lights he would scream "LOOK! More lights!" Who ever needs anything in the world when you can watch your child get that excited for Christmas lights? AMAZING. We'd be driving along to go anywhere, as soon as he would see some Christmas lights he just yells, "Daddy Look! More lights." And not just one time. Several times. It is adorable.

His brain continues to amaze me. Hudson has started saying things like, "I go too" or "I want to eat too." Using "too" to me is out of this world. I know he's smart but how does he know that already? Saying, "I want to read book," "I play with choochoo," "I want to eat cheese," or "I play with Noah." This is so amazing to me. My favorite new thing is when I'm explaining something to him and I say, "you know why?" and he answers me with "why?" What!??! I'm not sure he fully understands what "why" means but the fact that he says that just blows my mind. It's the cutest thing ever. As a parent, there's nothing more exciting then looking into his eyes and seeing discovery and understanding. Those beautiful blue eyes know way more than I could ever imagine.

His talking has continued to increase so fast. Hudson will now repeat at least 1-2 words out of everything we say. Everything. I love asking him to read a book to me. He looks and me and wants to laugh then starts saying one of the words he remembers that I said with that book. It's so unbelievably cute.

Just love those baby blues he got from his daddy :)

Sleeping with "pillow on head" is one that makes me laugh. Yes, I've been a goof ball and up until he's 2 (not there yet) Hudson sleeps in his crib with no pillow or blanket. Just his zip up pjs. Why? Long story, so we'll skip it. However, now that he doesn't want to be rocked anymore and wants to lay in his big bed he wants the "pillow on his head." That's what he says when he's done reading bedtime stories and ready to go to sleep. He's probably getting me back for not letting him have a pillow lol but it's so funny. The sweet thing is, he wants my head under that pillow too so he can whisper "mommy I love you," wrap his arms around my neck or hold my hands as he falls asleep. My angel melts my heart.

These are just a few of my favorite things. This mommy is on cloud nine indefinitely.

2 comments: