Saturday, October 3, 2009

Annual Cubs Game












Did I ever tell you that Karl and I have started a tradition of going to at least 1 Cubs game every year? We've been going ever since we've been together. We believe that their success depends on us....ok...maybe that isn't true but I do feel like the year we don't go we'll cause them to not do as well as they could have. You know how it goes...baseball superstitions.










The first year we were together I bought Karl tickets for his birthday. We sat in the nose bleed section because I wasn't sure where to get them. I know now that the best place to sit is behind the bullpen for the Astro's. This is where you can catch a lot of home runs. It's also fun to stand there while they are having their pre-game batting practice. A LOT of home runs are hit over in this area.











One year Karl caught one and handed it to the little kid next to him. Come to think of it he's done that a few times. He's such a sweetheart. I can't wait to have kids so he can catch one for them too.










Next year we are planning to go to Chicago for our 3 year wedding anniversary to see the Cubs play. I'm SO EXCITED! I can't wait to be with all of the fans and be able to celebrate appropriately. Most of our friends are Astro's fans so it's kind of hard for us to gloat.












We've also decided that once we have kids we'll plan all of our family vacations around the Cub's games. We figured it would be so neat to go to at least one of their games in a different stadium.












I've put some pictures up from the last two years. I can't wait to show you guys the ones from Chicago. Be on the lookout for this next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment